6th Annual Economic Times Infra Focus Summit to focus on the Theme ‘Transition towards Futuristic and Resilient Infrastructure’, to be held on September 27th 2018 at New Delhi
As India travels on a trajectory poised to become the world’s third largest economy by 2050, its infrastructure needs to be upgraded to meet modern-day demands. The quantum of this investment is staggering, India needs a financial injection of $1.5 trillion over the next decade to bridge the infrastructure gap and connect lakhs of villages and cities in a country-wide network. According to the Economic Survey 2017-18, India is poised to meet approximate $3.4 trillion of the estimated $4.9 trillion investment it needs by 2040 but building the India of tomorrow requires the collective effort of all stakeholders. With this in mind, the 6th edition of The ET Infra Focus Summit brings together luminaries and policymakers of the Infrastructure sector to discuss and formulate holistic solutions for key infrastructural challenges that lie ahead of us.
Centered on the theme ‘Transition towards Futuristic and Resilient Infrastructure’, the 6th edition of this landmark event is scheduled to be held on September 27th, 2018 at New Delhi. Presiding over the proceedings, Chief Guests, Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Hon’ble Minister for State for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Chemical & Fertilizer’s, Government of India and Shri Jayant Sinha, Hon’ble Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Government of India will hold forth on the means to bridge the infrastructure investment gap, delayed clearances, not so resilient PPP models, aviation, sustainable projects and international private financing.
The event boasts of power-packed speakers which include
- Yudhvir Singh Malik, Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Guruprasad Mohapatra, Chairman, Airports Authority of India
- Naveen Jindal, Chairman, Jindal Steel and Power Limited
- Shailesh Pathak, Chief Executive Officer, L&T Infrastructure Development Projects Ltd.
- Pravir Pandey, Chairman, Inland Waterways Authority of India
- M.K Gupta, Chairman, Indian Railways Station Development Corporation & Member Engineering Railway Board
- Rajiv Mundhra, Chairman, Simplex Infrastructures Limited
- Katsuo Matsumoto, Chief Representative, Japan International Cooperation Agency
- P. R. Swarup, Secretary & Director General, Construction Industry Development Council
- Sujoy Bose, Chief Executive officer, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
- Anoop Kumar Agrawal, Managing Director, Indian Port Rail Corporation Ltd
- Karan Adani, Chief Executive Officer, Adani Ports
- Rohit Modi, Chief Executive Officer, Essel Infra & Smart Utilities, Essel Infra
- B.S. Saluja, Secretary General, The International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bipin Pradeep Kumar, Co-Founder & Director, Product Development, Gaia Smart Cities
- Geetu Singh, Partner, Forensic & Dispute Practice, PwC
- AK Sachan, Chief Administrative officer, Udhampur Srinagar Baramulla Rail Line (Chenab Railway Bridge)
- Alkesh Kumar Sharma, CEO & Managing Director, Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Ltd
- Saibal De, Chief Executive Officer, IL&FS Maritime Infrastructure Company Limited
- P. S. Nair, Chief Executive Officer-Corporate, Airports Sector, GMR Group
- Supratim Sarkar, Executive VP and Group Head, Infrastructure, SBI Capital Markets
- M.K. Sinha, Managing Partner and Co-Head - India, Global Infrastructure Partners India LLP
- T.N. Arun Kumar, Executive Director, CARE Ratings
- Satish Mandhana, Managing Director and Head of Investments, Ever source Capital
- Ramesh Nair, Chief Executive Officer & Country Head, India, JLL
- Manish Aggarwal, Partner and Head, Corporate Finance, Infrastructure and Government Services, Energy and Natural Resources, KPMG India
Panel discussions will encompass relevant issues such as rebranding and redefining India through new age infrastructure projects, and scrutinizing the complex nature of arbitrations in the sector. It will also witness deliberations on digital infrastructure, infrastructure funding, energy infrastructure besides other topics critical to the sector.
Deepak Lamba, President, Times Strategic Solutions, said, “The rapid pace of infrastructural development is an unstoppable global phenomenon. Given that India is the world’s fastest growing major economy and the harbinger of global economic growth, it is vital that key stakeholders across the nation work together to create sustainable solutions that allow us to deliver intelligent, efficient infrastructure that enable and empower all to build the India of tomorrow.”
Good infrastructure is the foundation for future growth, and the ET Infra Focus Summit aims to take on a leadership position in driving this. With five successful years under its belt, the 6th edition of The Economic Times Infra Focus Summit ups the ante in the Infrastructure space, highlighting the need to create intelligent, sustainable solutions and increase the quality and efficiency of our infrastructure.
About ET Edge
Times Strategic Solutions Ltd., functional under the brand name ET Edge, is an Economic Times initiative founded to empower multiple industries and segments by sharing critical business knowledge through strategic conferences and summits. Encompassing the Indian business vista, ET Edge strives to bring together visionaries and key leaders on its knowledge platforms to create social and business ecology conducive to the positive changes required by the industry. The main aim of this initiative is to channel global business intelligence through summits and conferences in overarching lectures, hands-on workshops, panels, roundtables and case studies.