India saw the construction of bridges across rivers since 18th century. The Moses bridge of Netherlands: Historically, this body of water used to be a moat. Eventhough the land is now used recreationally, the architects didn't want to disrespect the area's legacy by constructing a visible bridge. Instead, they set about designing an invisible crossing that parted the moat. Snowfree heated bridge of Sweden is a beautifully simple design which prevents the bridge from becoming snowy or icy. The structure is hollow and filled with hot air to keep the bridge dry in the winter. Magdeburg water bridge of Germany is the largest navigable aqueduct in the world and the garden bridge of London is a pedestrian bridge, but with lush gardens and open lawns to relax. These are the few examples of innovations in bridge construction where concreting plays a vital role.
The basic components in bridge construction are placed inside three main areas – Foundation (which holds the shallow or deep base of the bridge and transfers it's load to the bearing strata, this includes foundations below the main span of the bridge and the abutments below starting points of the bridge), Substructure (piers, abutments, spandrels, caps, bearings, and other components that holds the upper construction) and Superstructure (all the parts of the bridge that are mounted on top of the supporting substructure system, it covers elements such as decking, girders, slab, and everything placed above the main deck such as posts, steel truss system, bridge girder, cable-stayed system, cable suspended systems and more).
Bridge Project by SSI
Schwing Stetter India have contributed in many critical & landmark bridge projects in India wherein Schwing concrete pumps, Stetter batching plants and Stetter concrete mixers have its very strong presence. The different types of bridge projects where Schwing Stetter equipment were used are Beam or Girder type Bridges (regular), Cable Stayed Bridge like
• Bandra Worli Sea Link.
• Suspension Bridges like Bridge over Ganges in Kolkata.
• Elevated Highway Bridge like Pune Kothrud Bypass.
• 11.6 km P.V Narasimha Rao Elevated expressway connecting the Hyderabad international airport with the city at Mehdipatnam.
• Bangalore Elevated Highway Bridge of 9 kms.
• Chenab Bridge.
• Signature Bridge.
• Kota- Chambal Bridge.
• Munger Ganga Bridge.
• Naini Bridge over the Yamuna River in Allahabad.
and Rail bridge for metro & monorail projects in Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kochi and Wadala and Vallarapadam Railway Bridges in Kochi.
Schwing Stetter India has also done bridge projects like
• Hebbal Flyover at Bengaluru.
• Kosi River Bridge at Patna.
• New Brahmaputra Bridge at Guwahati.
• River bank development at Patna.
• White House Bridge at Navi Mumbai.
• Delhi Gate Bridge.
• Sayan Bridge at Surat, to name a few.
Stetter self - loading mixer SLM 4000 and SLM 2200 are currently working in
• Bridge projects (Dharmapuri - Madhuranthagam).
• Bridge and road upgradation in Vadalur.
• Bridge on river Amner in Khairagarh.
• Dehradun Kali Mandir tunnel.
• Road upgradation (Dehradun).
• Road upgradation project (Ambalapuzha – Tiruvalla).
• Bridge (Koduvally - Mahe).
• Bridge (Edapally – High court).
• Bridge (Ramapuram – Kunnelpally).
Bridge construction by Schwing Stetter India
Schwing Stetter India has played a mighty role in concreting many roads, flyovers, bridges, canals, barrages, elevated sections in metro rail, railway bridges and sea link bridges across nations. The most commonly used Schwing Stetter Equipment to place concrete for bridge projects are: Batching Plants CP30 and M1, which provide a homogenous mix of concrete. Concrete Pumps like BP350, SP1800 and SP3500 which are designed with two valve technologies, Flat Gate Valve (FGV) and Rock Valve, which enable smooth conveying of concrete to long distances and also helps to pump stiff mixes for casting.
Transit Mixer 6m3, 7m3, 8m3, 9m3, 10m3 and 12m3 are usually used to transport concrete for bridge constructions. These transit mixers come with modern design, easy to use and are cost effective. Separate Placing Boom- 28 meter to 35 meter and Boom Placer- 17 meter to 43 meter are used for faster completion of concrete placement. These equipment take on easily the challenges from the bridge projects.
Stetter Self Loading Mixer SLM, an off highway, a rough terrain CEV machine with ergonomic design are available in the capacities of 2m3 and 4m3. This equipment does the entire process of scoop, load, mix, transport and deliver to place the concrete contents independently and requires only one person to operate.
Concreting Solutions / Support:
When a contractor constructs major bridges at every critical like foundation, deck, pouring, etc. Schwing Stetter ensures trouble free operation by bringing the machines to the best performance condition and making available a team of service personnel to be available at site and support the client.
Schwing Stetter India's team of concrete experts look into the depth of the problems and provide solutions to guide the customer on easy concreting. Customers call Schwing Stetter India right away to discuss the project before the commencement of construction and to find the possible concrete placing solutions for complicated projects. The team provides the best solution which would make the most sense and would be most cost effective. Schwing Stetter India have a complete system approach, helping the customer from the beginning of the project.
Some of the concreting solutions given by Schwing Stetter are;
• Selection of equipment for batching, transporting, placing as per the project requirements.
• Use of RVM's for concrete transfer available for on shore and off shore applications.
• Mounting option for Batching Plant, Transit Mixer, and Separate Placing Boom on barge and on lattice frame.
• Use of minimum space required for setting up Schwing boom placer which is useful in traffic as well as casting yards.
• Pipeline placing and cleaning systems for cast yard, offshore and high structure applications.