Volvo CE signs new dealer in Nepal
Explore Earthmoving Pvt. Ltd, part of the Panchakanya Group, has been appointed as Volvo CE’s national dealer for Nepal in a move to strengthen sales and service support in the country.
ATLAS COPCO LT RAMMER RECEIVES DESIGN AWARD
Atlas Copco´s LT 6005 rammer series won the international iF Product Design Award 2015.
VOLVO LAUNCHES NEW DEMOLITION EXCAVATORS
Volvo has introduced new 46.4 tonne EC380EHR and 57.1 tonne EC480EHR excavators featuring a Volvo Tier 4/Stage IV Final diesel engine. The new range offers an improved working range over 360° to redu
LIUGONG OPENS BRAZIL FACTORY
LiuGong Machinery, during the opening ceremony of its first factory in Brazil, announced that it will invest $120 million in the country.
LIEBHERR ACQUIRES SHRIRO GROUP
The German tower crane manufacturer Liebherr-Werk Biberach has completed its takeover of the Hong Kong-based rental company, Shriro Group of Companies.
On the road to development. THE GLORY STORY OF PATEL INFRASTRUCTURE PVT. LTD.
“We spearhead innovation in this field by infusing new models of business introduced in roadways by the State or the Central Government like Operate-Maintain-Transfer (OMT) and Output and Performanc
Volvo Trucks becomes the first premium European truck brand to cross the landmark of 10,000 truck de
Volvo Trucks, the country's largest truck manufacturer in premium European segment, on June 18, 2015 achieved the landmark of crossing ten thousand truck sales.
Cat®320d2 Packs a Punch to Kamdhenu's Bids
Pricing and fuel consumption have been the 2 sore points about Cat® excavators with customers, but Kamdhenu Group, Pune, has been making new inroads with its fleet of Cat 320D2 excavators purchased
The Trenchless Technology For Underground Construction In India
Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) equipment is used for underground construction. It is a trenchless method of installing pipe in the ground at variable angles using a guidable drill head. The techno
Metso’s Nordberg® GP220 cone crusher
Metso’s Nordberg® GP220 cone crusher has been engineered without compromise to withstand any quarry or mining application.
Dynamics of the Indian crane industry
The industrial cranes market in India is in the range of Rs. 1800 – Rs. 2000 crores per annum. Approximately 30 per cent of the demand comes from the government sector and PSUs while the remaining 70 percent comes from the private sector. In terms of region wise distribution, Western India contributes 50-55 per cent of the total requirement, while Southern India follows with 20-25 per cent, Northern India with 15-20 per cent, and Eastern India with 5-10 per cent. The total volume for industrial cranes is estimated to be approximately 8,000 - 10,000 cranes per year. From the supply side, the market is highly fragmented, with over 300 crane manufacturers vying for a slice of the pie that is only 5% the size of the demand for cranes in China. Such a market dynamic does not give any manufacturer the economies of scale that can allow focused investment on new product development. Hence, technological advancements in the industrial cranes market have been few and far between, leaving very little product differentiation.
The Indian customer is an ever evolving customer - from being exposed to shoddy equipment a decade ago, today the Indian customer is the king with a choice of high quality equipment at his beck and call. Hence, naturally, the demands of the customers are also evolving. Initially, the customer used to have a single line focus of only the pricing aspect without bothering a lot about the technical comparisons between different offerings. However, now, the customer takes pains to go through the complete technical specifications and ensures that the end product encompasses all the functional aspects as well as other aspects like reliability, safety, ease of maintenance, etc.
Apart from the competition and the plethora of products available in the market, there has also been a shift in the mindsets of the consumers as well as manufacturers towards the overall aspect of customer service. Till a few years ago, after sales service was available to customers only through the OEM that they purchased the crane from. Large companies tended to have their own general maintenance teams who would also address breakdowns or regular
Maintenance of their cranes. However, this kind of after sales service was typically limited to offering spares support and breakdown services. There was a lacuna in the market for a true expert in terms of crane care. It was to address this void that we established Cranedge. In addition to the regular services offered for cranes, Cranedge offers a host of services for industrial cranes of any make, anywhere in India. These include
... View More